Friday, September 19, 2008

O.k.,,Re-Cap from yesterday!

O.k, so after blogging yesterday I decided to get up and make the most of my day...then I looked out and noticed a snake in my front yard...so keeping my cool I called my brother (our official snake wrangler) to come down with his home made snake wrangling gear. Then I went out to keep an eye on the snake until he got here....I know...I know not the brightest crayon in the box right.....well I'm out there trying to keep the thing in sight when it up an decided to charge at me.....Oh Hell to the NO!....so I'm out there kicking up rocks running backward and screaming....well in about 3 seconds I had multiple heart attacks and then finally the fight, flight or crap your pants kicked into gear and I jumped out of the way...the demon from hell slithered down the hill so Lane never got his chance to kill the monster....Now to The next Lovely Event.....so I'm inside getting my wits about me and trying to relax when the kids keep pounding the toy box lid on the front porch against the wall so I go out there to see what the heck and notice that the toy box (a wicker box) is too close to the house so the lid can't fall back and stay open so the brilliant problem solver I am I decided to grab the top of the box and pull it away from the house so that the lid could fall back and stay open....you see this one coming right.....well the lid with it's snazzy little BRASS latch slammed down on my hand...luckily no broken bones and I still have use of my right hand...thank goodness I was spared not having to explain this one in the emergency room......Now for Round Three...so poochy got out of the house and for the third time I have to walk up to mom and dads and bring her back...well my dear sweet daughter Wanani calls me as I'm walking up the hill and my brain switches to our conversation and leaves my legs to make it on there own...well many of you know mom and dad have CEMENT stairs in their front yard and did I mention my brain was not paying attention...so as I'm talking to Wanani my foot did not clear the first step so imagine a Heff-a-lump in slow motion falling UP the stairs...NOT a pretty sight. But get this I never let the phone go...no almost knocked my teeth out but by golly I kept that phone smashed against my ear. Well Wanani laughed her self stupid because she heard the whole thing go down...I limped to the porch and assessed the damages and yes that is going to leave a mark. At this point I figure I should probably wrap myself in bubble wrap and take the rest of the day easy....and so it was until....THIS MORNING.....so Winter says in her cute little girl voice "Grandma can we turn on the smelly candle" why of course sweetheart I say. Then she asked if she could "light the fire stick" (cute right) well in my best wise ol Grandma voice I tell her "Oh no sissy, only Grandma and grown ups can light matches because it's dangerous" then I proceed to take the wooden match out of the box, strike it along the black strip on the side of the box and wha-la fire! ONLY the stick was not on fire but my finger was!....the top of the match stuck to my finger and when it light it was burning into my finger .....AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....so now I have a really awesome sulfur burn on my finger!

Hey what can I say....I'm just here for the entertainment.

3 comments:

kkalama said...

Mom you really need to consider the bubble wrap. You poor thing! Ok sisters who's turn was it to babysit mom?! Get well soon... Even though I know that those bruises will be there forever!

Anita said...

LMAO!! 1st off I'm glad to hear that you are ok enough to blog about it :) and 2nd thanks for a great laugh in the middle of the work day. you crack me up! maybe you do need to stay in bed for a couple days...for your own safety :)

~Edney loves Jubilee~ said...

hey auntie or should I say mamasita...just wanted to stop by and say hi and see how you are doing..hope all is well with you and Ala and the two babies..love you mama