Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend re-cap and projects

So another wonderful weekend with Kalia and Koa coming to visit us. General Conference was so cool, it was one of those that you hung on their every word. It was really inspiring I swear I cried like 20 times...I just need to remember not to wear makeup on Conference weekends because it's just a waste. So my overall impression was that times are hard and getting harder and that we do not need to feel we are alone and that we are strong enough to overcome and to be a happy productive person no matter what and to always, always, remember to say your prayers and ask the Lord for help always.....O.K. so this isn't new and I know I should be doing this every day but sometimes life just gets distracting and I forget to really practice this and think I'm smart enough to figure it out on my own without asking the Lord if this is what he wants me to do and for the help I need. I guess this is one reason why we have Conferences, so that we are reminded that Heavenly Father loves us and remember what it is we should be doing.

O.k., so my project this week is to get started on the house trim. 1st I have to scrap off all of the old trim with a wire brush, 2nd brush primer on, and 3rd paint. The weather has been allot cooler so it shouldn't be too hot and miserable. And, I'm going to make a quilt, Kalia dropped off the material so I'll get started today. O.k., two projects.....yea for me!

Happy, happy! Love all of you!

2 comments:

~Edney loves Jubilee~ said...

hey auntie,
i too was excited i get to hear your voice and that you are doing good. hooray for you and your project this week. i will remember to pray for you while you get your thing going with that project. i love you and i can't wait to sit on your lap...i love you!!

kkalama said...

Hey Mama, I too had a wonderful weekend... Sierra Vista is the perfect enviorment to sit down and literally partake of the Lord's anointed. Thank you for letting Koa and I come and crash the house and bring all of our "hippie food" I love you so much.